From the history<A[history|story]> of Łeba

 

The first written mention about<A[about|over]> the fisherman settlement sited at the left bank of the river<A[river|flow]> Łeba comes approx. from the year 1282. When the settlement was built up, it<A[it|she]> belonged to certainly a family link of the sex of the Święce which claimed their<A[their|her]> power at the turn to the 14th century in the part of Pommerns. In the year 1309 the crusaders mastered Łeba and the entire Pommern. Both the crusaders as also the sex of the Święce remained unforgettable thanks to the city coat of arms. There is a fish-like animal, the coat of arms of the powerful sex of the Święce, in the coat of arms as well as a cross - symbol of the German Order Knight. One can find the elements also in the seal of the city, that then living-mouths was called. The seals' was made, after which the commander of Gdańsk (Danzig), Wilhelm of Baldersheim, in the year had given 1357 Łeba the city right (Luebecker city right). The seals', the centuries' was needed, the city coat of arms immortalized. Finally the crusaders lost the power over Łeba after the 30-year long war. In according to the year 1466 decisions of the Thorneer peace contract - the city was connected again to the Polish state, however after some years it changed into the fief of the Pomeranian Dukes. In the years 1558 to 1570 Łeba was moved onto the eastern river bank at which it is found until today. This happened because of great destructions, that through numerous tempests as well as the wandering dunes' were caused. After the last Pomeranian duke Bogusław of the Xth without descendants had died, the country Lębork (Lauenburg) was connected to Pommern in the year 1637 for a short time at Woiwodschaft (Office district of a Woiwoden). In the year 1657 the country was lent due to contracts to Welawa and Bydgoszcz as heritage<A[heritage|inheritance]> fiefs at Brandenburg. First<A[First|Only]> with the building of the country road in the year 1869 after<A[after|according to]> Lębork, Łeba produced the expansion of the estuary and the port and their<A[their|her]> inauguration in the year 1889 as well as the railroad section in the year 1899 the economical upswing long longed for. In the years 1904 to 1906 built Maximilian Nitsche, a hotelier resident in Łeba and founder of the known glider flight<A[glider flight|gliding]> school on the dunes a cure house. This became fast to Łeba to the most popular Seaside resort and recuperation area at the Baltic Sea coast has still today existed.


 

default-2